Drones and ROVs and Arduinos

A journey building drones and ROVs and other open hardware and Arduino based stuff

Starting the assembly of the body of my ROV

Taking advantage of summer holidays, today I decided to finally start the assembly of the mechanical parts of my OpenROV, and I started with assembling all the acrylics parts: that included bending the outer shell with a heat gun, the internal structure, the E-Chassis and finally the end caps.

The process went on really easily as the instructional videos and the explanations on OpenROV’s wiki site are super precise and detailed.

Next step would be to start re-uploading the firmware on the BeagleBone and assemble the electronics of the ROV.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


This entry was posted on September 1, 2013 by in OpenROV and tagged , , , .
%d bloggers like this: