A journey building drones and ROVs and other open hardware and Arduino based stuff
While testing the Arducopter I’ve seen that soon after the first basic tests with the Mission Planner and the USB, testing with a real power supply was needed. But I didn’t want to charge and re-charge my LiPo batteries just for testing on the bench. The same problem with the radio tx: it runs on 8 stilo AA batteries, and spending 10€ for a day of testing the TX seems a bit too much.
So I decided to make two cables to allow powering both the radio and the copter from my bench power supply.
I basically created 2 power cables, one that goes into the battery socket and one that goes into the radio power plug: on one side the respective plugs and sockets (a JST connector for the radio and a XT60 connector for the battery) and on the other side two banana plugs that go into the power supply.
Actually for the TX I adapted the one I used for testing the OpenROV.
As you can see from the pictures, the routing of ESCs/Motors cables and APM to receiver is still a bit messy, just as I left it after the last : I just wanted to see if everything was working before tidying up everything. Also I need to find a way to fix the APM to the frame and still keep some space for the received.